Assistant Manager –Training and Compliance
Department: Ship Management
Reports To: Manager, Operational Excellence
Location: The Woodlands, TX
This role will manage crew training functions for the Fleet, providing high levels of safety and operational performance. The role shall also assure compliance with internal training requirements, regulatory, Classification Society and LNG Industry standards to positively project the Excelerate Energy and Excelerate Technical Management product and brand while delivering the highest levels of performance, operability, and reliability without compromise to safety, security, and the environmental protection.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Management of all training-related programs, including supervision (contractor control) of the relevant manning agencies if delegated part of this training function.
- IN cooperation with Crewing / Marine Personnel, periodically assess crewing agencies meeting the requirements of the training program for all aspects of the program.
- Assist with development and management of Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, and systems related to training and programs across the Excelerate fleet.
- Interface directly with all levels of the Ship Management organization to identify best training and practices to offer for operational, SHEQ programs.
- Periodically assess the Training status of the crew against the Excelerate Energy Required training, taking action to support compliance, and periodically report to Senior Management.
- Stay current on all SHEQ policies and assure that Excelerate Technical Management and all vessels remain compliant.
- Liaison with all internal and external stakeholders on training needs and issues.
- Assist with development and monitoring of budgetary and reporting control for the fleet training as required, and/or recommended by the Training and Qualifications Matrix.
- Assist with vessel audit findings that generate training needs.
- Ensure that Excelerate Technical Management and the fleet remains compliant with al international, National, and local regulatory requirements relating to the Training and Qualifications Matrix
- Responsible for assuring the booking of training including travel and accommodation for Excelerate Technical Management personnel; T&E expense management managed and supported by the Crewing department when needed.
- Develops and manages all required SHEQ training programs for Excelerate Technical Management employees and fleet.
- Manages the global outsourcing commitment contracts/agreement worldwide for training and support needs.
- Monitor training commitments and needs on a continual basis, reporting to Senior Management periodically.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define training standards, requirements, and practices to meet the needs of the global fleet. Work with global contract partners to ensure standards are achieved. Act as liaison between company partners.
- Develop and manage annual and year forecasted training budget for Senior Management review and approval.
- Work to assure competency assessment and assurance programs are met across all disciplines while maintaining certifications.
- Maintain the digital (CBT) learning system for onshore and shipboard personnel, including updates, design, and procurement of new modules as needed.
- Develop, document, and implement initiatives to reduce injuries, improve health, reduce environmental risk and damage, and improve safety, security, and quality within ETM and Fleet organization.
- Willingness to travel to vessels and facilities as needed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited University.
- Two to three years of experience in areas of Maritime training, Maritime Crewing and/or Maritime Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality.
- Previous LNG and /or FSRU shore-side support is preferred.
- Understanding of the daily operations onboard vessels/tankers and previous onboard service training time preferred.