Marine Risk, STS Superintendent (Vetting and Compatibility)
Reports to: Manager, Marine Risk
Location: The Woodland, TX
Excelerate Energy is seeking competent and motivated candidates for this Marine Risk/Assurance role. You will serve as the subject matter expert and support time management of the Marine Risk processes of Vetting and Compatibility reviews, database, and technical support to the Organization. The STS Superintendent shall be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for operational aspects of vessel operations including STS transfer of LNG in support of Excelerate Energy worldwide terminal development projects, market access and commercial efforts, and technical operations. This position requires experience, knowledge, and understanding of LNG STS operations and the resultant strategic and commercial implications to Excelerate Energy. The STS Superintendent shall support LNG STS operations on a global basis as the customer interface for STS operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ship/shore and ship/ship compatibility studies (SSC), Vetting assessments, and vessel acceptance.
- Support the management and continual improvement of the Vetting and Compatibility Processes and Procedures Support the tracking and scheduling vessel STS equipment positioning, outfitting, logistics.
- Participation in Feasibility, HAZID/HAZOP studies, risk assessments, crew training, HSSE and QA/QC issues
- Cooperative and collaborative support during incident investigation, customer relations and business development presentations.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies, permitting agencies, port authorities, industry groups, Excelerate and customer business units to provide comprehensive overviews of Excelerate STS capabilities.
- Manage the relationship and provide the initial point of contact for lightering service providers, terminal operators, vessel owners and operators, shipping agents, pilots, mooring masters, equipment vendors, service providers and other third parties.
- Maintain the records and database of relevant information regarding Excelerate STS operations, assessments and reviews, in order to track, monitor, and continuously improve STS performance standards (KPI’s).
- Support the Manager – Marine Risk on assigned duties and projects as needed by the company.
- Provide any requested support as needed to all Excelerate departments in providing solutions for Excelerate’s operational and commercial endeavors.
Communication and Level of Contacts:
- Interface and direct contact inside and outside the Terminal and Fleet Operations team with areas such as Business Development, Commercial & Trading.
- Interface with external customers and service providers
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to deliver presentations in a professional manner.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Professional mariner as licensed Engineer or Deck Officer
- Mid-level license or higher with Tankerman PIC DL/DG endorsement preferred.
- LNG experience on board
- STS transfer experience
- Shoreside technical operations experience with the shipowner, ship manager, or ship operatorOperational auditor qualification/experience preferred.
- Computer skills/ability – MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) AutoCAD, Optimoor, database system use, etc.