At a Glance
GNL Escobar (GNLE), located on the Paraná River, about 30 miles outside Buenos Aires, is Argentina’s second LNG receiving facility using our dockside configuration.
Strategic Partner, Commissioning, Operator, Training, FSRU
UTE GNL Escobar
Given the high seasonality of Argentina’s natural gas consumption, LNG has played a critical role in meeting the country’s energy needs with cleaner and cost-saving LNG.
During peak winter demand, Excelerate’s FSRUs provide energy security to the national grid, ensuring natural gas is available to power and heat homes and businesses. Along with providing increased peak capacity for the high-demand winter months, the facility delivers additional natural gas supply and transport capacity to the Buenos Aires region.
- Direct access to Buenos Aires region and Argentina’s natural gas grid
- Nine months from definitive agreements to in-service
- GasPort dockside configuration with ship-to-ship transfer
- Operates in closed-loop vaporization mode
- High-pressure gas arm incorporated into the design
Our experience developing and operating floating regas terminals is unmatched in the industry.