Mina Al-Ahmadi GasPort®: Kuwait’s first LNG receiving facility.
Kuwait, as one of the world’s highest per-capita consumers of electricity, was unable to produce enough gas to generate the power it needed. Instead, the nation was relying on higher-cost crude oil to generate power. This was detrimental to both their economy and the environment. Working with Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC), Excelerate Energy designed and constructed the Mina Al-Ahmadi GasPort. Located approximately 20 miles south of Kuwait City, Mina Al-Ahmadi GasPort was Kuwait’s first LNG import terminal. The facility was intended to be an interim solution to bridge the gap between Kuwait’s existing natural gas needs and the future development of domestic gas reserves.
- GasPort dockside configuration
- Baseload throughput capacity 500 MMcf/d with peak capacity of 600 MMcf/d
- Seasonal facility planned for operations April through October
- Direct access to processing facilities and other industrial consumers
- Direct access to the Kuwait gas grid
Learn more about Mina Al-Ahmadi GasPort: