Senior Manager – Project Finance
Reports to: Vice President – Project Finance & Risk
Excelerate Energy Singapore Pte. Ltd. is hiring an experienced Project Finance professional to join the finance team and help support our growing international business financing initiatives. Reporting to the Vice President – Project Finance & Risk while working closely with all other functional groups in the company in the Asia Pacific business unit in Singapore and headquarters in the Woodlands, this person will work closely with the Finance team and the regional team to build relationships with regional financiers and assist in the project structuring to ensure appropriate financial capital can be arranged.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in all areas of third-party financing execution and structuring (primarily equity and project finance transactions along with other structured finance alternatives) including structuring support, due diligence, negotiation, legal document review, and deal team management.
- Develop new and maintain existing banking/financial relationships in the Asia Pacific region.
- Builds, utilizes, and maintains financial models to evaluate financing structure alternatives.
- Perform valuations and economic/financial analysis to ensure adequate debt service levels and appropriate returns on investment are achieved.
- Interpretation and review of debt covenants for purposes of project modeling.
- Perform calculations required under debt covenants and as needed to support business analysis. Responsible for ongoing covenant compliance filings.
- Analyzes credit risk of counterparties and contractors.
- Partners with the business development team and senior management team to coordinate documentation and analysis in support of investment decisions, including information memos for banking partners.
- Assist Corporate Treasury team as needed with managing international banking relationships, evaluating liquidity and financing needs, analyzing cash forecasts, and assisting with other international Treasury management requirements as required.
- Additional duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration required; MBA strongly preferred
- 3-5 years prior experience in a debt administration/origination or project structuring role
- Previous experience in supporting financing efforts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Energy industry experience preferred; LNG industry experience strongly preferred
- Requires ability to travel, often upon short notice, on an as-needed basis
- High motivation and initiative with an ability to work without close supervision