Department: Supply Chain Management
Reports To: Sr. Manager – Procurement
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Buyer will provide support for Excelerate’s activities by purchasing products and services for the fleet and projects as required. Buyer will obtain and negotiate cost-effective bids from suppliers with consideration to safety, quality, reliability, and urgency of need. Buyer will evaluate purchases of goods and services for opportunities to control spend, condense inventories, and lower total costs. Buyer assists in the groundwork and delivery of the procurement work process and will coordinate with the Logistics team to ensure proper delivery to the end destination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Provides international procurement and supply chain support for Excelerate Energy’s SCM department in compliance with the company’s standard SCM processes, procedures, and policies.
- Manage supply chain activities related to the procurement of goods and services to support international operations, projects, and vessels.
- Communicate with stakeholders to define requirements, seek clarifications where relevant, and negotiate the best commercial and technical solutions.
- Perform best cost practices through contract negotiations, bid proposals, and selection to uphold company standards and maximize profitability.
- Serves as liaison between internal customers and vendors
- Conducts Requests for Quotes
- Creates and updates PO’s in SAP for goods and services including the review of order acknowledgments from vendors.
- Manage the complete procure-to-pay cycle of events for each transaction from requisition through delivery, invoice payment, and financial closeout.
- Troubleshoot issues when necessary while providing practical and effective solutions
- Maintain consistent communication with technical, financial, and legal stakeholders.
- Build and manage relationships with worldwide suppliers.
- Collect and analyze procurement data regularly, including supplier qualifications and services.
- Provide timely reports to management on procurement compliance and related issues.
- Keep abreast of procurement requirements and ensure suppliers understand procurement priorities to meet delivery requirements.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, or a major related to Business Administration.
- 10+ Years of experience as a buyer in maritime operations; EPC and/or LNG experience a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer-oriented with both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize
- Flexible approach to work: able to work in different teams and on both short-term and long term projects
- Excellent planning and time management
- Demonstrated self-starter, with strong initiative and proactivity
All qualified applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.