Manager of Consolidations and Corporate Accounting
Reports To: Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Excelerate is looking to hire an experienced Manager of Consolidations and Corporate Accounting, based in our corporate office located in The Woodlands, TX. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting, this role will oversee the periodic consolidation process through preparation and coordination of income statement and balance sheet eliminations. The Manager will also be responsible for overseeing the global capital expenditure and fixed asset accounting processes. Additionally, the role will oversee and review all aspects of accounting for the foreign subsidiaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Responsible for orchestrating the monthly consolidation accounting process, keeping the consolidation and general ledger systems in synch, providing training on running basic financial reports, keeping data load schedules updated, and coordinating the successful resolution of consolidation system problems.
- Oversee and review all aspects of accounting related to Fixed Assets and Intangible Assets, including Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) and Construction in Progress (CIP) tracking. Generate and review capital spend analysis, CIP and PP&E roll forwards, and reconciliations.
- Assist in initiatives to re-engineer current CAPEX process by utilizing SAP to improve efficiency while maintaining adequate control and visibility
- Coordinate the development of accurate capital expenditure figures and assist FP&A on forecasts with the senior management team.
- Act as a key liaison with foreign subsidiary Controllers and with international external accounting service providers to assist with month-end closing activities and financial statement reviews.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related discipline required. MBA/MS and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- Requires at least 8 years of relevant financial experience, with at least 2 years in a management level role.
- Proficiency in SAP with a strong working knowledge of SAP FICO and SAP Project Systems is required.
- Experience with SAP Analytics Cloud and BPC Consolidations is strongly preferred.
- Mastery level experience with Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills required with the ability to draw insights from financial data.
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Customer service orientation, with excellent follow up and follow through expected.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting and financial principles (IFRS and/or US GAAP).
- Strong influencing, collaborating and critical thinking skills are required.
The position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the CFO and related financial departments (FP&A, project finance, treasury, tax, risk, and project control), the commercial teams (vessel chartering and cargo trading) as well as the operations and development teams of Excelerate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants should send their resume to email@example.com.