Department: Operations – Supply Chain Management
Reports To: Senior Manager – Logistics
Location: The Woodlands, TX
The Logistics Specialist will provide logistics support for all company Transportation and Logistics needs. Ensuring competitive services and best practice processes and tools are maximized in order to provide cost savings without compromising safety and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Act as Project Manager for ship management within the Logistics function to serve as a focal point for internal and external teams.
- Responsible for coordinating shipments with carriers and freight forwarders to ensure timely delivery of cargo to vessels.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving shipping documents (commercial invoice, packing list, certificate of origin, bill of ladings, master airway bills, house airway bills).
- Ensure all OS&D’s (Overages, Shortages & Damages notifications) resolved in a timely manner with corrective actions in place.
- Inform ship management team of incoming consignments, delays, progress, updates.
- Manage nominated freight forwarder weekly reports, including on hands reports, spend reports, etc.
- Manage inventory of vessel spares & materials required onboard ships.
- Responsible for managing TMS (Transportation Management System) updates from 3PL’s to provide track & trace visibility.
- Assist with Import and Export controls.
- Monitor shipment movement from dock to destination.
- Oversee the accuracy of freight bills.
- Researches all modes of transportation to ensure cost optimization.
- Responsible for establishing a consistent operational rhythm, providing updates to all stakeholders including but not limited to weekly email updates, conference calls, etc.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- 5+ years of industry experience with knowledge of domestic and international freight coordination and movement.
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience with Import regulations
- Vessel management experience preferred
- Marine Logistics Experience preferred
- Strong verbal skills, computer skills, customer relations, ability to multi-task, computer literacy in Microsoft office suite.
- Strong understanding of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Logistics Management & Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of customs requirements, Import & Export controls
- Strong Trade Compliance awareness
- Proficient in Incoterms
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
The position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the CFO and related financial departments (FP&A, project finance, treasury, tax, risk, and project control), the commercial teams (vessel chartering and cargo trading) as well as the operations and development teams of Excelerate.