Reports To: General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer
Location: The Woodlands, TX
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to both the Legal and Compliance Departments, and assist with other legal and compliance-related activities as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Legal Support
- Collect, review, and process legal invoices and prepare a summary of expenses against the legal budget.
- Assist in setting up meetings and managing General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer schedule, primarily on Outlook calendar.
- Prepare documents for execution.
- Cross-check approved forms of agreement against documents to be executed.
- Reformat documents (i.e. renumbering of clauses, inserting smart clause references, etc.).
- Book department travel and training for both Legal and Compliance.
- Prepare expense reports for department personnel.
- Compliance Support
- Assist with annual employee anti-corruption compliance certification process by initiating requests and tracking employee compliance.
- Monitor/track annual employee anti-corruption training.
- Assist in pulling documents/files for compliance testing.
- OFAC verification of potential and ongoing business associates including individuals, companies, vendors, third party agents, etc.
- Provide back-up support for contracts administration process including contract review prior to execution to ensure the following: (i) all fields completed, (ii) contains start and end date, (iii) notices section properly completed, and (iv) if NDA, ensure using Excelerate’s standard version and proper term. Facilitate the contract execution process through the following: (i) ensure quality control by verifying that the contract lead sheet (“Blue Sheet”) process has been followed, (ii) seek and obtain proper signatures in accordance with the Authority Limits Policy, and (iii) archive fully executed contracts in the eContracts database.
- Review notices inbox, and forward any notices received to the proper individual or department.
- Corporate Stamps Administration
- Ensure proper approvals have been obtained for Corporate Stamp creation.
- Maintain and periodically update a Corporate Stamp Register showing the number, owner, location, and images of each corporate stamp; and note when stamps have been lost or destroyed.
- Properly destroy unneeded stamps and update the Corporate Stamp Register accordingly.
- Perform various other tasks as needed across both departments
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting a legal team/attorney.
- High School Diploma Required, Certification or Degree preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and SAP.
- Familiarity with Excelerate corporate policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated self-starter who takes ownership and initiative when completing tasks, and enjoys working across departments.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work independently to manage responsibilities without constant supervision.