Job Title: Lead Logistics Specialist
Reports To: Head of Supply Chain Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Lead Logistics Specialist is expected to add value to Excelerate’s Operations Department by providing support for all logistics activities that take place within Excelerate’s global operations while ensuring competitive services and best practice processes and tools to maximize cost savings without compromising safety and quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees, coordinates and manages daily logistics processes and activities to maximize efficiencies, including import and export activities.
- Provides logistics support and collaborates with cross-functional departments to streamline processes, including internal process controls, compliance measures, and standard operating procedures
- Responsible for the optimal storage, preservation, and movement of all materials in compliance with local and international regulations and in accordance with safety requirements
- Evaluates and identifies methods and procedures to enhance efficiencies in the global logistics process
- Establishes synergies across projects, vessels, and activities to optimize costs and mitigate risk
- Builds and maintains supplier and 3rd party relationships with transportation companies, freight forwarders, government agencies and all logistics suppliers
- Reviews shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices and orders to determine priorities and shipping methods required to meeting shipping and receiving schedules.
- Collects and analyzes logistics data on a regular basis, including provider’s qualifications and services
- Establishes relevant KPI’s and benchmarking tools
- Provide timely reports to management on logistics activity, costs, compliance, and related issues
- Manages logistics vendors relationships and performance, expedites deliveries, and communicates with responsible parties within Excelerate’s departments
- Keeps abreast of global logistics requirements and insures suppliers understand priorities and meets delivery requirements
- Maintains databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Acts as a mentor and supervisor to internal logistics members; including development coaching and performance management.
- Helps cultivate a team, with some members located globally, to be highly engaged in daily activities and improvement initiatives.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a major related to Business Administration or Supply Chain/Logistics.
- 5 to 10 years of demonstrated experience in logistics and/or supply chain management.
- Knowledge of maritime operations required, LNG industry experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated with team leadership experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.