Junior Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Infrastructure Manager
Location: The Woodlands, TX
The Junior Systems Administrator will be based in Houston and be responsible for assisting the infrastructure manager in the maintenance, support, and analysis of servers, storage, and desktop environments for both onshore and offshore assets. They will regularly work with the application and support team regarding current and prospective system changes and future needs. They will be responsible for the integration of all desktop and laptop PCs with Windows Server operating systems both on premise and in the cloud.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Implement, install, configure, troubleshoot, and monitor existing Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Responsible for integration of user desktop workstations with Windows server systems and Active Directory
- Work with Excelerate Support Team regarding current and future environment changes and needs.
- Provide support to Excelerate Employees regarding systems administration and usage.
- Participate in regular systems management and upkeep activities; work to determine solutions to complex systems administration issues.
- Maintain Excelerate Service Desk solutions and service catalog; regularly update as applications and solutions change.
- Send Regular Scheduled reports to the Infrastructure Manager regarding maintenance duties in Windows server environments.
- Other Duties as defined by the Infrastructure Manager
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
This position requires a 4-year degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field. Three years of relevant experience with Microsoft Desktop and/or Server operating systems may be substituted. Experience with Hyper-V Failover Clustering Preferred but not required. Microsoft Certified Associate Certification preferred but not required.