Senior Process Engineer
Location: The Woodlands, TX USA
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Asset Development with process-specific and general project activities related to early conceptual design through detailed engineering, procurement and construction. The Senior Process Engineer supports the execution of Asset Development projects and ensures that client requirements are understood, with projects executed safely, timely and within budget. The Senior Process Engineer is required to set exemplary standards in all aspects of project execution enhancing Petitioner’s reputation in the market place. Specific duties of the position are as follows: (i) preparation of PFD/P&IDs, heat and material balances, calculation, basis of design and other engineering documents as required, (ii) sizing and specification of process equipment, (iii) modelling and simulation of conceptual and existing process designs, (iv) provide technical support for existing operations, (v) optimization and modification of existing processes, and (vi) support safety, environmental and operability reviews (e.g., HAZID, HAZOP, ENVID, SIL Rating, LOPA etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Conduct Interface with client, contractors and regulatory bodies.
- Review design documents.
- Read, understand and interpret invitations to tender.
- Assist and lead the Project team as required in the preparation of tender documents including conceptual, innovative designs, and project execution procedures.
- Perform a wide variety of professional project related duties for new development projects including technical surveys, basic and detailed engineering, design, plan check, and inspection for multiple projects. The individual will assist the project in coordinating activities with other divisions, departments, contractors, clients, and outside agencies
- Lead and manages the work of other junior and discipline engineers and is familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, standards, practices, and procedures
- Assist direct supervisor in a project environment with management and oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Manages the work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project. Reviews engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Develops requests for proposals, requests for quotation, and other reports for departmental review and approval, and monitors vendor performance.
- Master’s degree in process or chemical engineering or related engineering field
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a Process Engineer with relevant process engineering experience
- Experience must be hands-on experience in the delivery of projects in the design and operation of the following areas: (i) floating storage and regasification units (FSRUS), (ii) LNG import/export facilities, (iii) natural gas processing facilities, and (iv) natural gas transportation.
- Must be a chartered / professional engineer status, or immediate eligibility for such accreditation.
- Must have a thorough understanding of process safety and loss prevention concepts, as well as applicable engineering standards and regulations.
- Must have practical experience in formal risk studies (g., HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA).
- Must have proven experience in the delivery of EPC projects.
- Must be proficient with UniSim (HYSYS) process simulation software.
- Must have the ability to manage progress and schedule reporting and adapt to changing circumstances.