Help Desk Technician
Reports To: Director – Information Technology
Location: The Woodlands, TX USA
The help desk technician’s s role is to support and maintain organizational computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This position will assist the Information Technology department by resolving helpdesk tickets and maintaining inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for personnel seeking technical assistance via phone, e-mail and remote support.
- Provides end-user support for all company-issued mobile devices.
- Escalates unresolved issues to next level support via ticketing application.
- Maintains PC preventive maintenance efforts to ensure optimal performance.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware.
- Configure and deploy new computers and mobile phones based on corporate standards.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Assist personnel with Audio/Visual issues such as screen sharing and video conferencing.
- Tests new software applications being deployed by the Information Technology department.
- Assists users in learning new company-provided applications and assists in problem-solving for applications issues.
- Maintains records, logs, and reports of assistance via ticketing system.
- Maintain inventory via ticketing system.
- Participate in on-call rotation
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma required; Associate’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications, or 2+ years work experience in a support role.
- Strong working knowledge of PC Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic understanding of Server operating systems.
- Basic understanding of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Basic understanding of computer security including virus and malware prevention.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, and related hardware and software.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
All qualified applicants should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org