Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Reports to: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, but other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate and prepare the monthly reporting package which includes consolidated financial statements, supplementary financial information, and variance explanations against the plan, forecast, and prior-year results.
- Compile the annual plan (budget) and quarterly forecasts. Gather data from operations, project control, and accounting teams to create reliable and credible financial projections.
- Refine and improve the models used for the annual plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Create standardized processes and reports for the annual plan and forecast.
- Prepare the annual plan and quarterly forecast presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Improve and expand the reporting of actual, forecast, and plan information to senior management.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of planning and reporting software tools to support FP&A activities.
- Develop dashboards with KPIs and peer comparisons for the senior management team.
- Implement regular reporting of financial information to department heads.
- Prepare a five-year strategic plan model for the senior management team.
- Work closely with the accounting team to understand accounting standards and incorporate them into financial projection models.
- Work with accounting, project controls, and consultants on SAP improvement initiatives.
- Improve department excel files to ensure information is organized, accurate, and easy to follow.
- Ensure the accuracy of all financial materials before distribution to key stakeholders such as the senior management team, the Board, existing and potential lenders, etc.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and other special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related discipline is required.
- Requires at least seven years of relevant financial experience, with at least two to three years of management experience.
- Proficiency in SAP with a strong working knowledge of SAP FICO and SAP Project Systems is preferred.
- Experience using financial planning and reporting tools is required. Experience implementing financial planning software is preferred.
- Mastery level experience with Excel (pivot tables, V-Lookups, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail and pride in the finished work product.
- Strong work ethic and a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer service orientation, with excellent follow-up and follow-through expected.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- High motivation and initiative with an ability to work without close supervision.
- Experience researching and writing high-level variance analysis is required.