Company Security Officer –Vessel and Terminal Security
Department: Operations, Marine Operational Assurance and Risk Management
Reports To: VP – Marine Operational Assurance and Risk Management
Excelerate Energy is seeking competent and motivated candidates for this security leadership role. You will oversee a portfolio of security services in multiple geographic areas where we conduct business covering both maritime and terminal services. You will serve as the subject matter expert and oversee the management of both indirect reports and an extensive network of vendors. You will provide support to senior leadership, ensuring that security programs and policies are fully implemented while providing the business with guidance in risk assessment and threat mitigation. The successful candidate will have a solid background in maritime, O&G transport, protection of services in a global organization with strong program management and strategic planning skills. You will also be adept at communicating with a diverse audience of stakeholders, be exceptionally well organized, and skilled at building trusted relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Act as the Company Security Officer as required under the ISPS Code and Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and assure compliance with the Corporate Security Policy/Commitment Statement.
- In managing the overall security program, responsible to monitor, track and assure all security audits, tests, drills, and exercises are completed per the SSP / FSP, regulatory requirements and SMS.
- Provide communication and direction to deputy CSO’s. Work collaboratively with Corporate Security officer.
- Develop and maintain a corporate Security Risk Register for all of Excelerate Energy Business Activities.
- Monitor security incidents and risks that impact operations and develop robust reporting lines and triggers to support current or future business objectives.
- Conduct a top down review of Security Management across the organization against the practices of recognized industry players and propose solutions for continual improvement. *This will include security vulnerability assessments of all EE projects and operations to ensure the current security profile is fit for purpose with additional recommendations where the profile is
- Development and management of Corporate Physical Security Guidelines.
- Development and implementation of a High Risk Travel Safety Policy and Supporting Risk Matrix to benchmark service requirements.
- Development and management of the Travel Management Security Standards and Guidelines.
- Conducts ISPS Security Assessments for Excelerate Energy Operated Vessels and Terminals.
- Development, maintenance, revision ISPS compliant Security Assessments and ISPS Compliant Security Plans for Excelerate Energy Operated Vessels and Terminals.
- Develop Corporate security Training and Familiarization Programs based on security risks impacting the Excelerate Energy employees and assets.
- Provide or manage contracted security training onboard Onshore and Offshore assets operated by Excelerate Energy.
- Enhances security awareness and vigilance among all Excelerate employees and contractors through trainings and information sharing
- Maintain and communicate Threat Analysis information (database tools) and disseminate appropriately internally; Enable Learning through the development of Security Bullets.
- Identify, review and recommend new security technology, processes and intelligence feeds which will add business value to Excelerate Energy.
- Develop security equipment inspection and testing performance standards to be included in an Asset Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Develop an effective security intelligence network which supports Excelerate Business activities.
- Support corporate security officer’s Security Assessments for new business opportunities and country entry taking into account Political, Operational, Security and Travel Risks.
- Facilitate Site Visit Security Assessments as applicable prior to EE Personnel or contractors carrying out site assessments.
- Maintain Security Assessments and Plans for countries in which Excelerate Energy operate or have assets including Project Security Plans and supporting Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct Assurance and Approval of Third Party Security providers prior to each engagement for onshore and offshore services.
- Develop security contracts with the help of key stakeholders to ensure.
- Conduct Security Audits as per the ISPS Code and TMSA/VIQ; other standards are qualified and cross functionally possible, as part of the Security Assurance Program
- Manage Feedback from Excelerate Energy Employees when Third Party Security Services are utilized.
- Ensure all 3rd Party security (service) providers are compliant with internationally recognized security standards, adhere to local law and apply international humanitarian law & human rights.
- Within Enterprise Database (NS E), review and follow up on security incidents, audit non-conformities, complaints and concerns.
- Develop contingency plans to support incidents that impact EE operations, to include Emergency Response, Medical, Evacuation, Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Adviser to the Corporate Crisis Management Team; support development and manage Emergency Response exercise programs covering Excelerate Energy risk profile across the world.
- Manage the Excelerate Energy CSO Hotline Program.
- Represent Excelerate Energy at Governmental and Industry Security Events.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- University degree or higher in a relevant field, preferable in maritime sector.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in maritime, O&G, security related function.
- Certified Company/Ship Security Officer (CSO) and Port Facilities Security Officer (PFSO).
- Background in the management and assessment of security operations.
- Marine ISPS Auditor experience is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of Emergency Management principles.
- Crisis Management and Business Continuity Plan management experience or accreditation is desirable.
- Background inclusive of a broad range of security management responsibilities within a multinational organization.
- Extensive knowledge of security standards, processes and compliance.
- Sound understanding of international Maritime, HSSEQ standards, laws and regulations.
- Agile and creative thinker capable of proactively analysing complex challenges and delivering dedicated support.
- Motivational leader able to provide direction, build consensus and earn confidence and trust at all levels across diverse cultures.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with a wide range of internal and external clients.
- Effective and situationally aware manager.
- High skill at managing outsourced service providers, and operations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability –- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
You can apply for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org