Excelerate is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), based in our corporate office located in The Woodlands, TX. Reporting to the Senior Manager of FP&A, this role will assist in annual budgeting, quarterly forecasts, financial models, and financial reporting.
Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following full-cycle accounting for areas including but not limited to:
- Assist in coordinating and preparing the monthly reporting package for Senior Management and the Board of Directors which includes consolidated financial statements, supplementary financial information, and variance explanations against the plan, forecast, and prior-year results.
- Assist in compiling the annual plan (budget) and quarterly forecasts. Gather data from operations, project control, and accounting teams to create reliable and credible financial projections.
- Assist in refining and improving financial models used for the annual plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist in preparing a five-year strategic plan model for Senior Management.
- Continuously improve FP&A processes and files to ensure information is timely, organized, accurate, and easy to follow.
- Generate ideas to continuously improve processes for reporting of actual, forecast, and plan information to Senior Management.
- Assist in the development and distribution of regular reporting of financial information to department heads.
- Work closely with the accounting team to understand accounting standards and incorporate them into financial projection models.
- Work closely with the accounting team to continuously improve monthly processes and data integrity.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of planning and reporting software tools to support FP&A activities.
- Participate in meetings and provide ideas to accounting, project controls, and consultants on SAP improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the development of dashboards with KPIs and peer comparisons for Senior Management.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and other special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is required. MBA, Master’s in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Requires at least five to eight (5-8) years of relevant financial experience, with at least three years of FP&A experience.
- Experience researching and writing high-level variance analysis is required.
- High motivation and initiative with an ability to work without close supervision.
- Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to improve a process from idea generation to implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Proficiency in SAP with a strong working knowledge of SAP FICO and SAP Project Systems is preferred.
- Experience using financial planning and reporting tools is required. Experience with OneStream or Oracle Planning is preferred.
- Mastery level experience with Excel (pivot tables, V-Lookups, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail and pride in finished work product.
- Strong work ethic and a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer service orientation, with excellent follow-up and follow-through expected.