Excelerate is hiring two Project Engineers to assist and provide technical support throughout the development phase of projects from conceptual to final design/execution while meeting safety, environmental, reliability, and capital cost objectives. One opportunity is based in The Woodlands, TX, and the other opportunity is based Bangladesh.
E&T – Infrastructure (Operations)
Project Manager / Director
The Project Engineer position reports to the Project Manager/Director – Infrastructure Project Support while working closely with other individuals in the Infrastructure, Operations, and Commercial teams. This person will assist and provide technical support throughout the development phase of projects from conceptual to final design/execution while meeting safety, environmental, reliability, and capital cost objectives. Provide support in developing scope of work for studies (different stages of development phase), develop technical specifications, supports the Project Manager during delivery, assist in contractor selection, and assure quality control of contractor’s work throughout project execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
Qualifications, Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Develop technical scopes of work for site investigation programs, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, FEED and detailed designs in support of Company’s projects.
- Effectively oversee consultants performing various engineering studies in relation to Company’s related projects.
- Support the PM with administrative tasks, develop agendas, Minutes of meeting, coordinate with other functions such as Document Control, FP&A, etc.
- Perform detailed review of relevant submittals by Company’s consultants. Ensure that all deliverables have been prepared in full requirements of relevant agreements.
- Prepare technical specifications and data sheets for material purchasing.
- Check the results of surveys carried out by sub-contractors.
- Interact with internal and external parties to ensure full alignment and a detailed and complete understanding of all projects needs and requirements.
- Support Scheduler in preparation of project schedules
- Support Cost Estimator in preparation of cost estimates related to elements of the various projects.
- Support Permitting expert in development of necessary environmental and permitting documentations.
- Administer and supervise project budgets along with schedules.
- Manage specific projects as required inclusive of direct supervision for constructing activities and management of all contract inspectors.
- Participate in activities pertinent to project risk analysis, evaluation, remediation and integration of data.
- Support procurement of services in relation to projects.
- Effectively manage interfaces.
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Support bid evaluation and procurement activities.
- Provide analysis, reports, and review of contractual requirements regarding project controls and its scheduling.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design, project engineering, and construction in marine or offshore industries.
- The ability to manage progress and schedule reporting and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- AutoCAD skills preferred but not required.
- Ability to represent scheduling function in a cross-functional team.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Positive attitude.
This role has no direct reports or supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Work Authorization: Employees must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Affirmative Action / EEO Statement
It is the policy of Excelerate Energy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.