Excelerate is looking for an LNG Fundamental Analyst that will provide and manage analytical support to the Commercial Team on LNG market trends and developments to assist in the company’s growth and implementation of its short-term LNG trading activities and longer-term business strategies.
Houston or Singapore
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of global trends in LNG as well as other energy markets.
- Develop clear and concise presentation and reporting materials, for internal and external use.
- Maintain internal fundamental, pricing, and performance databases and analytical tools.
- Work with different departments internally (finance, E&T, operations) to optimize the management of internal data.
- Provide timely and accurate reports on LNG and energy market developments both globally and country-specific.
- Support in the development of economic models to analyze commercial opportunities.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- International travel may be required.
- B.S. degree from an accredited university.
- Three or more years of energy industry experience is preferred with an emphasis on the natural gas, or LNG sectors.
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to understand energy markets at a macro level to drive strategy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in standard computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work with little supervision and be able to function in a challenging and dynamically changing environment.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.