The Legal Assistant will provide administrative support to our Legal and Compliance Departments and assist with other legal and compliance-related activities as requested. The successful candidate should be a fast learner and critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and logical decision-making abilities.
Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, adjust accordingly from continuous interruptions, and work independently to manage responsibilities without constant supervision. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the company is essential. Possess a strong work ethic including the ability and willingness to take on a variety of responsibilities depending on department and project needs.
General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Manage all aspects of outside counsel invoicing including intake and receiving approvals for coding and payment processing; monitoring and responding to questions and issues from outside counsel and department members, and partnering with Accounts Payable to research and respond to invoice processing or payment issues.
- Handle registrations and approvals for department memberships and subscriptions.
- Board-related tasks including the filing of minutes, meetings support, and preparation of board books.
- Set up meetings and managing General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer calendars.
- Prepare documents for execution.
- Cross-check approved forms of agreement against documents to be executed.
- Reformat documents (i.e., renumbering of clauses, inserting smart clause references, etc.).
- Book and manage domestic and international department travel and training.
- Prepare and monitor expense reports for department corporate card and individual personnel corporate cards. Consult with Accounts Payable to resolve issues.
- Assist in filing and finding contracts and other legal documents.
- Provide backup support for contracts administration process including (i) contract review prior to execution to ensure contract lead sheet is properly completed and compliant with process requirements, (ii) seek and obtain proper signatures in accordance with the Delegation of Authority, and (iii) archive fully executed contracts.
- Monitor and track employee annual and periodic compliance training requirements including notification and scheduling of training classes, ensuring receipt of completed certifications, and follow-up with Human Resources regarding compliance-related onboarding of new employees.
- Assist in pulling documents/files for compliance testing.
- Perform various other tasks as needed.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- 7-10 years related experience in a large law firm or corporate legal department.
- Minimum Associates Degree is strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and SAP preferred.