Excelerate is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to be responsible of internal and external financial reporting to meet USGAAP, SEC and statutory compliance requirements, as well as technical accounting research. This role is based in The Woodlands, TX.
Director of Financial Reporting
The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for the preparation of internal and external financial reporting to meet USGAAP, SEC and statutory compliance requirements, as well as technical accounting research. In addition, the position will assist in the effective design, maintenance and documentation of internal controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Preparation and review of internal and external financial statements including drafting and review of footnote disclosures and preparation of cash flow statement
- Assist in the preparation and review for filing of all SEC forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-Ks to ensure compliance with SEC regulations, US GAAP accounting and XBRL reporting requirements
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly earnings press release, including the narrative and financial tables;
- Provide support to FP&A throughout the quarterly earnings process and assist with the review of the earnings script and supplemental materials;
- Remain current on new and upcoming accounting guidance issued by the FASB and SEC;
- Assist in providing technical accounting analysis for complex transactions in accordance with GAAP including review of contracts, documentation of analysis and conclusions
- Assist in the research and analysis of new accounting pronouncements
- Provide support for the filing of the proxy statement;
- Assist in developing and maintaining accounting policies, process and internal controls consistent with GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Requirements
Act as a liaison with external auditors in conjunction
Qualifications, Experience & Educational Requirements:
- 5-8 years of experience in public accounting/corporate financial reporting for SEC registered companies; extensive experience with SEC filings form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K required
- Big Four public accounting experience preferred
- CPA required
- Bachelor degree required, Accounting major preferred
- Experience with SAP strongly preferred
- Experience in utilizing SEC filing software preferred
- Expertise in U.S. GAAP and IFRS Statutory reporting
- Experience with working with a global team in different time zones
- Must be an analytical thinker, comfortable taking initiative to develop and recommend solutions
- Open minded and culturally sensitive; well-structured and self-drive work approach; innovation driven
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Microsoft Excel analytics capability, including pivot tables and data slicing
This role supervises the Financial Reporting Senior Accountant
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. No sponsorship is being offered at this time.
Affirmative Action / EEO Statement
It is the policy of Excelerate Energy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.