Excelerate is looking for a Compliance & Risk Officer to provide support and partner with the Chief Compliance Officer in the administration of all aspects of Excelerate Energy’s global Ethics and Compliance Program to ensure compliance with company policies and internal controls. The successful candidate is expected to be able to comprehend complex issues; identify and mitigate compliance risks through policy development, training, and awareness; assist with due diligence research related to potential partners or third parties; assist with internal and external investigations; and other key initiatives.
Chief Compliance Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following full-cycle accounting for areas including but not limited to:
- Assist Chief Compliance Officer in updating policies and procedures addressing compliance with international laws and conventions, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act to ensure relevance in guiding management and employees.
- Perform periodic audits and testing on the company policy and procedures to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Assist with the development, delivery, and overall management of the compliance training and awareness programs.
- Perform due diligence and document findings on corporate social responsibility initiatives, employee participation in external councils/organizations, and potential third-party agents or partners.
- Monitor third parties to ensure compliance with the company’s International Third Parties Policy.
- Investigate, document, and respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, standards of conduct, and ethics.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Assist in the remediation of findings related to internal and external audits.
- Support and foster a culture that encourages managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without retaliation.
- Confront difficult issues and challenges with strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills, communicating with diplomacy and tact.
- Travel as necessary within the United States and to international locations to conduct compliance due diligence, audits, and training.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 3-5 years relevant experience dealing with compliance and ethics issues, risk management, and audits.
- Knowledge of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and UK Bribery Act.
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills, including the ability to summarize complex issues quickly and concisely.
- Assertive communication and interview skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to build smooth working relationships across all business functions.