Reports To: Senior Manager, Back Office
FMLA: Salary, Non-Exempt
Responsible for performing accounts payables and receivables related tasks as well as Back Office related duties. The role is focused on confirming all incoming and outgoing invoices are reviewed, processed and booked accurately in the accounting system (SAP); performing Back Office related tasks such as confirmations and invoicing of hedging activities, and reply/research audit inquiries.
This individual may be required to provide input to or participate in various projects and will perform other duties as requested.
This individual may also be cross-trained in other functions/positions performed in the same team such as accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Review and enter invoices, both incoming and outgoing, into SAP
- Generate outgoing invoices in SAP and manually through the Sales and Distribution module related to cargos, sub-charter, billable projects, and miscellaneous items
- Code invoices, both incoming and outgoing, using current GL accounting codes and cost centers or WBS projects
- Monitor parked documents for approvals and follow through with the appropriate individual(s) to ensure progression.
- Review problem cases and initiate actions to solve them
- Working knowledge of SAP and Concur
- Document daily processes and update as needed
- Communicate with team members, Treasury, the Controller, accounting, supervisor and other departments
- Generate confirmations and invoices/credit notes related to trades and hedging activities
- Communicate with vendors and customers as needed
- Review and reconcile credit card statements
- Review and approve expense reports through Concur to ensure adherence to company expense reimbursement and travel policies.
- Set up new vendors and customers in SAP as needed
- 1099 Reporting
- Work on-site at The Woodlands corporate office Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 5:00
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Accounting/Finance Background
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task.
All qualified applicants should send resumes to email@example.com