Document Control Specialist
Reports To: Director – HSSEQ
Operates and maintains a document control system and performs records information services in accordance with company and/or regulatory requirements. Verifies procedures are in place to classify and maintain records. Enforces documentation formatting, standards, policies, and operating procedure requirements. Coordinates implementation of processes to classify and maintain documents. May conduct document management training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
nclude but are not limited to the following activities:
- Control distribution of documentation to appropriate users.
- Maintain a computer database of internal documentation.
- Review documents to verify completeness and document functionality.
- Advise document owners on document management protocols and help resolve document discrepancies.
- Assist users in the in support of the document management processes.
- Manage document archival activities for internal and, if appropriate, external documents.
- Perform clerical duties to fix documents submitted for inclusion in the database.
- Manage document reviews and format approvals.
- Create and maintain document control process metrics.
- Organize the routing of documents throughout the process from conceptualization, approvals, distribution to filing.
- Monitor the distribution and reconciliation of process or reference documents.
- Establish and maintain the documentation control system/log.
- Process documents for revision and approval.
- Ensure the destruction of all superseded documents to prevent misuse.
- Maintain and control the revision level of documented processes.
- Create, review and revise documentation procedure according to standard operating procedures
- Ability to revise documents based on input from document owner.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related document control work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and Adobe Pro.
- Previous experience maintaining controlled documents in a database.
- Understanding of document control principles and ISO 9001 Requirements preferred
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.