LNG Asset Manager
Department: Engineering & Technology
Reports To: Director – Asset Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
This role will advise on the technical management of assigned vessels, providing high levels of operational performance as specified within the Fleet Operations Performance Contract, Ship management Agreements, relevant Charter Parties, with a bias on marine engineering related issues and in particular HSSE, regasification, cargo handling and quality control, maintenance based upon a planned preventive maintenance system and compliance with regulatory, Classification Society and LNG Industry standards positively projecting the Excelerate Energy product and brand whilst delivering the highest levels of performance, operability and reliability without compromise to safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include the following operational activities but not limited to:
- Manage and oversee all machinery system based activities directly related to the management and safe operation of assigned vessels.
- Ensure timely approvals, reviews, responses and relevant Management of Change (MoC) processes.
- Oversee marine standards and operating policy practices as detailed within the contracted Ship Manager’s Quality Management System.
- Contribute and promote Continuous Improvement and reduction of complexity reviews in all marine related processes and procedures.
- In conjunction with the contracted Ship Managers, agree on the annual maintenance plan based on Class approved PMS.
- Ensure annual plans are managed in accordance with agreed budgets and in accordance with financial approvals.
- Ensure assigned vessels are managed and operated in accordance with Excelerate’s industry, Flag State and Class requirements and to ensure maximum operational readiness commensurate with safe operations.
- Ensure ship visit reports are completed for each ship visit and that this report is circulated to the required parties within reasonably expected time-frame and archived as an auditable item.
- Ensure any system failures, non-conformances or deficiencies that may prevent the assigned vessels delivering performance on charter party and contractual commitments are reported to the Ship Managers and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure maximum availability of assigned vessel for commercial trading by minimizing downtime with effective planning in consultation with the ship managers.
- Ensure that the ship managers keep all vessels ready and prepared at all times for SIRE inspections and other third-party inspections and all times the vessels are in an acceptable condition for our customers’ commercial business.
- Deliver technical and engineering operational assurance to Excelerate Energy for assigned vessels consistent with shipping assurance standards and commitments including diligence of fleet sparing and inventory control.
- Manage performance, advise senior officers, and assist in the completion of the annual appraisals of senior ship staff.
- Closely liaise with Ops personnel on manning, training, personnel issues along with marine and cargo performance and maintenance, delivering feedback on assigned vessels meeting KPI requirements and deliverables.
- Willingness to travel to vessels and facilities 50 to 75 percent of the time.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering Systems or related engineering field
- Five years of “LNG engineering” experience
- Previous shipyard experience with new build or the conversion of LNG vessels
- Chief Engineer (Steam and/or Motor) Certificate of Competency with sea service on LNG tankers in a senior role
- 18 months of service in a senior position on an LNG tanker and/or a petroleum tanker and/or shore side experience as a Technical Superintendent or similar position for LNG Vessels (preferred)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.